Hilary Juries is a knowledge officer at OneWorld. She has an Honours degree in Justice and Transformation at the University of Cape Town and began her career with the City of Cape Town in sustainable energy and climate change, coordinating communication and awareness-raising projects aimed at the public. At OneWorld, her experience includes media and helpdesk coordination for multiple blended learning training courses and communities of practice, as well as graphic design and desktop publishing for a variety of projects.
Her contributions include media planning and liaison with service providers – including videographers, designers and the hosts of the online platform and the course, as well as video editing and animation, development of all online surveys; editing of content on Open edX online platform; providing technical support for Zoom webinars; supporting student admin and tracking; and manning of the helpdesk. She has recently completed a short course in Desktop Publishing with InDesign with Red & Yellow Creative School of Business and is proficient in basic graphic design using platforms such as Canva, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Illustrator
Hilary’s project experience includes:
- Design of digital materials and helpdesk support for a pool of experts in Africa in developing successful project proposals to access the Green Climate Fund (GCF) and a group of Lesotho GCF country programme stakeholders.
- Providing technical backstopping and facilitation of interactive workshop tools for the UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme 2022 online training course, which focused on the just and green transition.
- Coordination of media development (video editing and graphic design) for a training project in sustainable groundwater management.
- Contributions to the communication strategy development and implementation for various projects, including developing a suite of social media-ready infographics and a media plan for a UNDP climate change and gender mainstreaming in South Africa project.
- Media and community management for a project which aimed to strengthen African voice in COP26 climate negotiations – designing and implementing knowledge management and dissemination strategy, graphic design of all social media graphics, design and typesetting of 3 knowledge products, video editing, community moderation, website design, and social media management.
- Providing publication design, layout and graphic design for various OneWorlds project deliverables when required.
On a daily basis. she works on improving and expanding OneWorld’s influence as a thought leader through deploying knowledge products, curating digital asset libraries and coordinating knowledge management, sharing and media. She also manages OneWorld’s website, various online tools (such as Google Sites, Analytics, Classroom, Mentimeter, Monday.com) and social media – recently she coordinated the upgrade and redesign of OneWorld’s website: www.oneworldgroup.co.za. She is passionate about the role of knowledge sharing and brokering for building sustainability and driving inclusive climate action.